Energy Vampires are people who feed off another’s light. They gaslight, deflect, crave attention, and display similar traits to narcissists. A relationship with an energy vampire is one-sided. They hold grudges. Additionally, they’ll calculate your every move to determine whether you consider them in your decisions.
They say they want you to succeed, but only if your success doesn’t threaten theirs. They say they want you to be happy, but only if your happiness is a level below theirs. In fact, they may even insult you, but sugarcoat the attacks as jokes. And if you take it too seriously, it’s your fault. You’re the one who is “too sensitive.” These behaviours stem from fear, insecurity, and lack of self-confidence.
When it comes to energy vampires, or “emotional vampires,” it’s incredibly important to protect your energy.
3 signs you’re dealing with an energy vampire!
- You are energetically drained by them. Feeling tired while you are with them or after you’ve left their company is normal.
- They dominate the conversation. Energy vampires are emotionally underdeveloped and lack a sincere sense of empathy. When you have a conversation with them, they will always find a way to bring the subject back to them.
- They make themselves the victim. Energy vampires are constantly making excuses for their behaviour. In fact, they will often paint themselves as victims in order to avoid accountability.
5 Ways to Protect your Energy:
- Identify the energy vampire in your life.
- Learn to say NO.
- Inform a trusted friend that you’re dealing with an energy vampire.
- Carry protection crystals.
- Call on your spirit guides.
Protect Your Energy Quotes
- My relationships are harmonious and reciprocal.
- Love is respecting boundaries.
- “No” is a complete sentence.
- My time and energy are sacred.
- I am strong, grounded, and protected.